ACE - Do you have what it takes?
Updated: Jan 9, 2019
Bill Boggs, a four time Emmy Award winning host, shared in a recent presentation how successful people became successful. Sounds simple, and it really is, if you act on it!
So what is "ACE"? The 3 key things you need to do in order to achieve lifelong success.
A - Achieving Success - Each and every day, one day at a time, get the best out of your-self.
C - Conquer Adversity - When "stuff" happens, pick yourself up and deal with what life has dealt you.
E - Enjoy a happy life!
The "A" and the "C" is reciprocal. When you are happy you tend to find more success and when you are successful, it tends to build happiness. Live a life of discipline, not regret, an attitude of gratitude, and most importantly, "Just Do It."
So where are you at in achieving success? Ask yourself the following questions:
1. Am I settling now, in any way, that is making me unhappy?
Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die.
2. Have I let a moment of inspiration pass....ever? If so, can it be retrieved, and can I act on it?
3. What is my deepest aspiration right now, my heart's desire/ Am I on a path toward it, or have I ignored a primary life goal?
Have you wanted to be a sports team coach, an entrepreneur, your own boss?
4. What question could I ask an associate, family member, an acquaintance, anyone, that might change their lives?
What decision today will you not regret tomorrow?
5. How's my exchange rate: What I do to improve the value each day for myself, knowing that the day will never come again?
• If not now, when? • What's the value of showing up?
So how do you start? Look inside yourself and find the resources to grow in these areas:
To Be Able To....Adapt and Change
Be a perpetual studentYou will not survive and aspire to greatness if you repeat the same thing
To Conquer...Fear and Insecurity
What's the worst that can happen? Or What's the best thing to come?
To Gain From...Failure and Risk
Sharing your failures with others/team brings growth and innovation
To Communicate...As Effectively as Possible
Listening with intent to understand (Question?) • What's going on in the company that you think I don't know about? • What do you do in your job that's not part of your job description? • What's the most difficult part of your job? • What do you spend more time on than you think you should?
To Demonstrate...Command Posture
Shoulders back and head up...successful leaders don't slouch!
To Leave A....Legacy
What do you want to be remembered for?
Success is individual. Only you can decide if you've got what it takes!
Boggs, Bill. "Got What It Takes." Bill Boggs - Got What It Takes. TEC. Holiday Inn Select, Appleton. 13 Feb. 2013. Lecture.
Jayne McQuillan, CPA, MBA, CEPA is a strategic management consultant, and the owner of Journey Consulting, LLC, in Green Bay